Sunday, July 5, 2015

July 4th Adventures!!

I realize that I didn't really post last week....like....at ALL. Honestly? I just needed time to unwind, and spend time with my girls!! Sometimes it's GOOD to forget about routine, and just enjoy the moment. Yesterday was ALL about moments, and good memories!!!


In case y'all didn't know, eating good food happens to be one of my favorite hobbies!!

In the spirit of July 4th, we DEFINITELY had plenty to go around! All of the sides were prepped and ready the night before. Basically, all we had to do yesterday was fire the pit up to cook all the meat.

I cannot tell you how HAPPY this made me, to have so much good food to chow down on, haha!




WHILE the meat was cooking, I figured it was a great time for the girls and I to do a little bonding, and "selfie" taking!!

I actually LOVE how this picture came out! It's another one of those that I'll be printing to frame later!




Gail was in the middle of a nap when Maddie, Kay, and I were in the middle of taking selfies the first time around.

I didn't want her to be left out, soooo....

As soon as she woke up, she got to join in on the fun!!

It should be noted....Taking selfies with a 10 month old is MUCH harder than taking them with older kids.

After MANY shots, I finally was able to get a SOMEWHAT clear shot where she was actually LOOKING at the camera, so YAY!!!







One of the things I love about the fact that Gail's getting older is that she's starting to eat more foods now. Potato salad and baked beans happen to be two of her favorites!


She was right at home, sitting at the table, and eating with the rest of us!! Her plate was literally wiped clean by the time she was done!!

A few hours, and a couple naps later, and we loaded up to go watch fireworks! Where we live, there's a man in town who always goes all out for the 4th of July and New Year, and gives everyone an awesome show to watch. The girls absolutely LOVE it!!!

Patiently waiting for the show to start.

It was definitely a good show, too!! The camera on my phone isn't all that great, so I caught a video to really catch the action (although the video quality isn't as great as it could be either).



With all of the above being said, here's to hoping you all had a wonderful Independence Day as well!! For now though? I'm hopping off of here to go munch on some yummy leftovers!!






46c0675a19bff5ee329c3697c28a6916227740c3d30d5bb166

No comments:

Post a Comment