Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Homemade Strawberry Muffins

Ingredients:

3 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1 1/2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1 1/4 cups milk
2 large eggs, beaten
1 cup butter, melted
2 cups fresh strawberries, diced
1 1/2 cups sugar








I was in the mood for some baking this morning! We currently have an abundance of strawberries in our house, so I decided to get creative, and surprise the girls with a yummy breakfast!

Directions


  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and line muffin tins with paper liners.
  • Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon together in a large bowl. Whisk/stir together until well combined. In a separate measuring cup (I used a 4-cup measuring glass), combine milk, eggs, and melted butter. Make a well in the middle of the dry mixture, and then pour the wet mixture into the well. Stir everything until combined (yes, there will be some lumps) Finally, add the strawberries and sugar to the mixture and combine.
  • Scoop batter (I used an ice cream scoop) into the muffin cups (I filled mine to the top) to fill the liners. Bake 20-25 minutes, until they pass the toothpick test.


This is truly a simple and easy recipe! The girls and I were all DELIGHTED at how tasty and yummy they came out! I plan on substituting the strawberries with blackberries the next time I use this recipe for muffins! 

No comments:

Post a Comment